RelenTech Forum
My goal for RelenTech is to provide small, easy-to-use software to the public. My emphasis is on practicality and performance, not eye-catching graphics, or useless functions. Most of my software performs just as well, and in some cases, better, than most 'commercial' programs that provide the same services. RelenTech software uses barely any system resources, even when doing CPU-intensive operations, so there is never a problem with system 'freezes'.

If you already have an account, please click 'Login' below to continue.
If you do not have an account, won't you take a moment to join for free by clicking the 'Register' button below?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RelenTech Forum
My goal for RelenTech is to provide small, easy-to-use software to the public. My emphasis is on practicality and performance, not eye-catching graphics, or useless functions. Most of my software performs just as well, and in some cases, better, than most 'commercial' programs that provide the same services. RelenTech software uses barely any system resources, even when doing CPU-intensive operations, so there is never a problem with system 'freezes'.

If you already have an account, please click 'Login' below to continue.
If you do not have an account, won't you take a moment to join for free by clicking the 'Register' button below?
RelenTech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE NOTIFICATION

Go down

HOW TO DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE NOTIFICATION Empty HOW TO DISABLE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE NOTIFICATION

Post by relentlesstech Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:47 pm

The GWX notification is enabled after installing Windows Update KB3035583 - There are several ways to disable this:

OPTION #1 (Remove Update)

1. Open up Windows Update and click on View update history.

2. Click on Installed Updates.

3. In the search box in the upper right corner type in kb3035583. If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.

4. Click on the KB3035583 entry in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it. Click Yes to remove it.

The system will need to be restarted to complete the removal.

If you do not want to see the update any more be sure to hide it by right clicking on the KB3035583 listing in Windows Update and selecting 'Hide this update'.

OPTION #2 (Registry)

1. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx

2. Create a new REG_DWORD registry value called: DisableGwx

3. Give it a value of: 1

You can copy/paste the code below to a new text document, then save as a *.reg file

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GWX]

"DisableGWX"=dword:00000001

You can also uninstall the Windows Update by opening a command window, and pasting the below code:

Code:
WUSA /UNINSTALL /KB:3035583
relentlesstech
relentlesstech
Admin

http://relentech.nstars.org

Back to top Go down